Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems
The AgilFence Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (PIDS) offers a wall, drain and gate PIDS versatility. The AgilFence Wall/Drain/Gate PIDS is available as an addition to the regular Fence-mount PIDS version. This protection system provides a robust solution to address the lack of an effective perimeter intrusion detection system for the protection of perimeter walls, drains and gates.
- Critical Infrastructure
- Military Sites
- Nuclear & Power Plants
- Manufacturing and Distribution Centers
- Data Centers
- Industrial Sites
The AgilFence PIDS uses discrete fibre sensors that are embedded in the optical fibre cable to form an array of sensors for perimeter fence intrusion detection. These discrete fibre sensors are used to sense incidences in various scenarios, where slight disturbances to the physical perimeter will trigger a response in the fibre sensor that translates into an intrusion alert.
These sensors work like a colour-selective mirror. Under normal conditions, each sensor reflects a specific colour back to the system. Optical fibre cables are embedded with a series of unique colours. Intrusion instances which includes scaling, cutting of the fence etc, will affect the steady state and change the colour that is reflected by the sensor back to the system. When a change in colour is detected, an alert will be triggered.
- An intruder attempts to breach the perimeter by cutting or scaling the fence.
- When the fence panel is disturbed, the nearest sensor will cause a change in its reflected colour and trigger an alert to the operation centre.
- The nearest strategically placed CCTV on the perimeter is automatically activated to display pop-up video where intrusion is suspected.
- The instantaneous detection enables security force to verify the intrusion quickly.
- The security response team is quickly activated and dispatched to the intrusion location.
- The intruder is approached before any damage is done. The entire process is monitored by the operation centre.